Simple Raw Bread
This recipe is good for those wanting to make their own raw bread but don't want it to be filled with too much flavor (the only recipes I could find were ones that had a ton of ingredients in it, but didn't appeal to me for making sandwiches).
1/2 Cup of Kamut
1/2 Cup of Raw Almonds
1 Cup of Oat Groats
Enough Filtered Water for soaking
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/4Teaspoon of Sea Salt
1 Cup of Filtered Water
Tools: Dehydrator (oven set at 100° F works as well), blender (preferably with S blade)
- Soak Kamut, Almonds, and Oat Groats together in filtered water for 8 - 12 hours. You will now have 1 cup of Kamut, 1 cup of Almonds and 2 Cups of Oat Groats. Rinse thoroughly. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until a paste is formed.
- Drop mixture in 1/4 cup sized "biscuits" on parchment sheets (or teflex sheets) for your dehydrator. Spread out these biscuits so they resemble flat, thin crackers. You should be able to make 6-7 "slices."
- Set your dehydrator or oven to 100° F and let it sit until completely dry (and slightly soft). I found that 12 hours in my dehydrator did the trick.
- Once done, remove from dehydrator, and store in a dark, cool place. Keeps for about a week.